Greetings to all our current & future wedding couples!
This has been such an uncertain time for us all! Couples needing to reschedule or postpone their wedding plans, venues and caterers required to shut down operations. Here are our current thoughts and plans for going forward:
Snuffin’s is continuing to follow all WA State mandates as to when we will be allowed to open our office and kitchen to ensure the safety of our clients and staff. Once opened, testing of temperature for all staff will be conducted at the start of each day and for all service staff before beginning events. We have plans in place for continued and enhanced cleaning of our office, kitchen and vehicles. All staff will wear gloves and face masks in the office, kitchen and on events
When wedding and events resume, what will they look like?
- We expect first allowed events will be limited to 50 guests to allow for physical distancing in seating and food service. As our State moves into next phases, this will begin to change. Guest numbers allowed will include both public venues & private home events.
- Physical distancing will be continued. This will mean changes in setting up events, serving food and clean up. Example: bars may be reconfigured to allow for beverages to be picked up at a separate table.
What will likely change at your wedding reception?
- We are working with the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department on food service guidelines. Either staffed buffet service or plated meals are options that would allow clients and staff to keep distance. (Think taped line on the floor like in grocery stores to allow for proper spacing.)
- When first opened, all service ware will be disposable, bar ware included. (Quality disposables are available: acrylic plates & flatware, palm leaf dishes, etc.)
- We anticipate bars limited to beer and wine as opposed to full bar service as a means of reducing contact. This could change as the crisis level improves.
What costs might be different from pre-pandemic estimates?
- Right now we’re hearing media reports of supply chain difficulties. Our food vendors report possible substitutions might be necessary and food prices will increase for the near future. We will work diligently to provide you with the best quality menu items at the best pricing. You may need to consider menu changes as we go forward.
- Menu prices on our website are based on 100 or more guests. Guest counts lower than 100 will increase due to kitchen labor costs.
- We expect to need to schedule additional staff even for smaller events to allow for distancing and safe food service.
Cancellation and postponement policies: Working from home, we are accommodating your changes with No Charge for date changes. For the early opening dates, we have changed the ½ payment due to one month prior to your wedding. Final guest counts remain due at 2 weeks prior and final payment due 7 days prior. Cancellation refunds are determined on a case-by-case basis.
Personally, I am thankful our Governor has been conservative in setting guidelines for physical distancing, Stay Home, Stay Safe, thoughtful openings and changes to procedures. Many of our families and neighbors owe their health & lives to the sacrifices of medical personnel, first responders and other essential providers. They are our heroes!
We can be heroes, too, by continuing to follow safety guidelines and caring for others!