Catering Event Planner/Event Captain (Tacoma Area)
Established Gig Harbor catering company seeks a full time event planner/event captain for an immediate opening. We are seeking a creative, self-motivated and positive person with the ability to communicate well with team members.
A potential candidate should be well organized, shine under pressure and have the ability to sell. The individual we hire will work in our office planning events and as an event captain on site.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. This is a growth-oriented company with room to grow for this position as well. Medical insurance and vacation time are provided.
• Previous experience in off premise catering and event sales for weddings, corporate and social events required.
• Strong administrative skills including a command of Word, Excel & social media
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clients and co- workers
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Must have a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
• Organized with ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects
• Flexibility & willingness to adjust to last-minute changes
• Ability to lift & carry moderate weights, 20-25 pound range
• Ability to stand/walk on parties for 8-11 hours, variable
• Proof of valid driver’s license & acceptable driving record
• Current food handlers card and class 12 mixologist certification
• Understanding and use of proper sanitation practices
• Knowledge of area venues and event spaces a positive attribute.
• Marketing experience a plus.